I have to spend money before years end .I’m looking at 2 different skid steers .one 2014 cat 259 with 3,300 the other one is a 2017 case tv380 with 2600 hours . The case looks real clean and runs great cat shows more water but also runs good .both are the price at $42,000 . if you had to choose between the two skid steers witch one would you buy ? another one looking at is a 2014 case tr 320 immaculate clean machine 1900 hours always kept in garage has 1900 hours on it .only problem with the 320 is it’s 6 hour drive away from home I don’t always ask stranger for advice but sometimes strangers give good advice thanks
Picture is worth a thousand words
The CASE TV380 will have a good bit more capacity both in lift capacity and breakout and hp. Kind of depends on what you want to do with it whether that matters. I like the CASE machines myself, I have had about 25 of them going back to the first one in 1995. However, everyone has their horse so to speak. Run them both and see what you think. I would avoid the 320. The upgraded TR340 was stronger. Looking at the pics, for sure the 380. It has high flow, great tracks and in good shape.
I'm a Cat guy and for equal money I think I would go with the 380 pictured. KSSS knows the Case machines well. What's the operating weight on a 380? Looks quite larger than a 259.
Operating weight for the TV380 is 10.550 pounds. Remember the difference between a radial lift and a vertical lift when making a decision.
That's not even a contest. The tv380 everyday of the week and twice on sunday. Not that I have a strong opinion.
Thanks for quick reply’s I have a 2010 cat 305 runs perfect and have a 62 case 530 also runs perfect at 62 years old and can still get parts for it. I’ve been looking for years to find the right skid steer in good condition and my price range and find 3 in a week with few days to purchase . The 259 does not have hi-flow the dealer is adding included in the price. I really like the 380 looks well built . Not to bash cat but every one I look to purchase has been beat up I’ll spend the money on 380 tomorrow be great tax right off for uncle Brandon
Sorry guys, but the reason the Cats look worn is because they come to work. If you've never had a skidder before, you probably won't know the difference. Hope it works out well.
Do you know if there is a huge price difference between a standard flow vs high flow on a 259D?
Dealer told me you can convert low flow to hi flow on 259 for around 4 to 5 grand .takes their tech about 4 hours to do the job . The 259 are the easiest and cheapest to change the flow rate