Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat part numbers

Taylortractornu ยท 2011-06-28 01:42

I was a t a friends surplus shop and he had a box of Cat parts. I mean NOS stuff. there was some 10 inch long boxes that are 2 inches square and they look like Cat stuff from the 50s60s. I opened one and there was spring in it and a a bakelite/fiber disca bout 7/8s diamete with a 1/4 inch square hole in it. Then in the same box was a 1/4 inch square rod that ase several inches long and Bakelite aswell. It had a disk on the end of it about a an inch and a half in diameter. box number was 7-589966 rod A THere was a few of them . THe big thing I found was a brake band of sorts. I thing it was a steering band the part number on the box was 1-5j0477 Band A 12-4 I can get the box pretty cheap might take them for my memorabilia collection. THere was a few new bearings to. C6093-8

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2011-06-30 12:38

    5J-0477 Band As. is a brake band for a Cat 128 Cable Control for a single drum winch. Dates from around 1970.

  2. #2Taylortractornu2011-07-01 00:52

    Thanks for the info. I may drop the 20 bucks and get the whole box. I dont know what alls in there but the bakelite parts with the springs in them. I know the boxes looked really old. Maybe some one can use them for an older machine. THey may get scrapped if I dont get them. Was the 128 just a winch or was it the blade control?

  3. #3Nige2011-07-01 11:19

    It was for a D8 36A or 46A Serial Number Range. Not sure whether it was for an accessory winch or for the cable control for the blade, I think the latter. FYI, that brake band currently lists at around $2000.

  4. #4jbernd2011-07-06 15:44

    the bakelite thingys sound like the rods that go in the old style cotton string fuel filters to hold them tight against the top of the fuel filter tower.