Hy gents, How do one test sender units and sensors on a D5H? So as the gauges? anyone has a table or work card with this info? thanks
Ground the sender if gauge pegs gauge is good sender is bad if make sure you have power to gauge and that continuity is good on wire from gauge to sender
I'll second Dave's post and also add that there should be an ohm spec for each sender found in the workshop manual (you might find it in the online SiS information available for free), if you wanted to test them for approximate accuracy. You can confirm that with a IR temp gun though. Also worth checking is the resistance on the ground wire for the gauges to the battery... I have had inaccurate readings (I am hoping) on my D6H caused by small amounts of resistance compounding at each step along the earthing/grounding path to the dash. I haven't tested it yet since I have cleaned all the grounds so I hope it fixes my problem. If you are having issues with all the gauges this would be worth checking, as well as that they are getting full power on the positive side.