Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Final Dirive UOA Advice

ja_cain ยท 2024-01-14 18:03

What's the best way to get a UOA on final drive and other dozer related fluids? Cat dealer? Appreciate any advice/info. I'll reach out to my triboligist buddy and see what he says.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-01-14 18:12

    If I knew what UOA meant I might be able to help you.........

  2. #2ja_cain2024-01-14 18:33

    Used oil analysis.

  3. #3Nige2024-01-14 18:40

    Pull a couple of samples while the oil is hot (if you can do it with a suction pump so much the better) and have your local Cat dealer analyze them. Usually they sell a kit consisting of sample bottle, label, etc, which also includes the cost of analysis and emailing the results to you. Not sure what the going rate is today, I seem to recall it was around $35/sample. You'll need some basic info from the current owner of what oil brand/type/viscosity of oil is in the finals right now and also how many hours it has been in there. If you have a dealer do the analysis ask them to do an ISO 4406 Cleanliness Code (may not be possible if the oil is too dark) as part of the tests.