Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Quad nine push cat picture request.

Wyoming ยท 2008-11-17 12:24

I ran one of these years ago, it had a joystick for steering from front or rear tractor. If anyone has a picture of one of these I would sure like to see it. I am putting together pics of all the equipment I ran for my grandchildren.

Replies17
  1. #1diggerop2008-11-17 14:13

    Here it is. And a link. http://www.petersonholding.com/about/history_Quads.php

  2. #295zIV2008-11-17 14:46

    This is a thread similar to what you're asking for:

  3. #3Wyoming2008-11-17 15:51

    Thanks for the information diggerop and 95zIV . The one I ran for western contracting in 1967 it had controls (wobble sticks) on both tractors, maybe for ripping but it had no ripper just a narrow push dozer?. The seats were offset like the one picture in the link 95zIV supplied, maybe that was it with rippers on it. I did a forum search before posting but didn't find the link you supplied.

  4. #49420pullpan2008-11-17 22:25

    here ya go

  5. #59420pullpan2008-11-17 22:28
  6. #6Wyoming2008-11-17 22:34

    Wow 9420pullpan great pictures thanks a bunch!

  7. #7cat 3852008-11-17 22:43

    alright looks like i got what i asked for, i have seen a tandem working in person but that side by side that is cool,that is great to hear from somebody that has ran them i saw gibbons and reed using one years ago.

  8. #8Wyoming2008-11-20 19:37

    Just a bit of info for you. I ran both a single 9g push cat and a quad 9g pusher and the quad was a much better ride! The quad power was unreal.

  9. #9plantman.uk2012-01-15 03:22

    Thems is Nice Pictures you never see stuff like that over here now thanks for showing them

  10. #10580bruce2012-01-15 09:16

    Looks like Wilder from Bellingham Washington?

  11. #11JTL2012-01-15 15:01

    Here is a fully restored DD9H owned by a Kiewit manager that is on display in Brooks, Oregon. I have seen Scarcella's G models before, but this was the closest I ever got to one. Pretty impresive tractor.

  12. #12bigshow2012-01-15 15:53

    Thanks for the pic of The restored quad, I have heard of it but never seen it. I heard it is normally in the guys as a yard ornament. Thanks again.....very nice.

  13. #13buckfever2012-01-15 17:03

    Why in the one picture are there 2 quad 9's pushing one pan? I would think that is WAY more power than the belly of that pan could handel.

  14. #14heavylift2012-01-15 19:33

    Only I could think of is a GREAT photo, like you said appears to be alot of push power

  15. #15JDOFMEMI2012-01-15 20:32

    I have seen many times here in SoCal where there would be 3 D-9L's pushing 651's. Not much difference in power or weight from 2 quad 9's It will really pack the dirt in. Just don't do it in the rock, unless you want to be replacing floors often.

  16. #16vapor3002012-01-16 16:43

    Yeah we double push are 51's with 2 10R's all the time! How many yards was this machine rated at with the big blade on it

  17. #17Nige2012-01-24 16:59

    Years back the SOP at the company I worked for to push 657B's with D9G/H tractors was 3 tractors. That was on topsoil though. Bowl fills up damn quick .........