I spoke with local CAT dealer today about getting a quick coupler for the bucket on my 313FLGC. He said I need 455-3913 and I was thinking it’d be a 455-3914 or 388-6156 based off CAT’s website . The parts/work quote indicates 3913 multiple times. What is the difference? In fact when I look at the specs of the 3914 and 6156 on the website they are the same (I bring this up because I found a used 388-6156 for sale online for much less). Thanks.
388-6156 simply doesn't include the lines.
455-3913 is $600 more than the 455-3914 because it include two $300 pins for the coupler to stick connection.
Thanks for the info. Makes all of that very clear. He also indicated I would need 465-7765 QUICK COUPLER CONTROL GROUP. Any insight on what that does?
Nope. The following is from a 313fgc, and yours is for a 313flgc, I suppose.
No detailed parts breakdown but there are a set of instructions how to install it. See attachments.
FYI, there may be a difference in hardness of the pins. The pins in the buckets when they come from Cat are hardened while the pins in the quick couplers are pretty soft. The issue is that the coupler pins are supposed to be swapped with the bucket pins when the coupler is installed. I witnessed several instances at the local Cat dealership where the pins were not swapped and they wore out in less than a years usage prompting some nasty warranty conversations.