I could use some expertise. I got the rotary swing cylinder off the 931B backhoe today. I used the hooks on a tie down strap with a couple cover bolts and hooked a lifting strap to the open ends. It said 215lbs. in the procedure so I figured it might work and it worked quite well. Lucky me. LoL The backhoe is a 5G-2150 and the serial is lower than I originally thought, 32W 430. I marked all the upper and lower caps that fit on the spines and the bolts because they are specific. Once I had the unit off I looked for the "V" marks on the caps and the matching marks on the splined shaft. There were "A" marks on the caps and "V" marks on the splined shaft but the odd thing is they were 180 deg's opposite each other. Is this normal or is that what the A means? The maximum swing arc is 190 deg's and I can't see how it could possible work with the A and V marks lined up right beside each other. The swing worked OK except it was leaking from the shaft seals. I was just going to replace the shaft seals but might replace the shaft and vane seals too since it's out. Before I consider doing the shaft/vane seals, I thought maybe one of the Cat techs could tell me if the following seals are even available from Cat. If they aren't, I'll just do the shaft seals. Thank you in advance! Shaft seals and plug seals for top and bottom covers: One of the numbers didn't show up on a Cat fiche at repair shop I checked but I haven't checked at the actual Cat dealer yet. If it's not available, hopefully a seal house could have something similar. One is a seal and the other is a wiper. 9M-5024 this is a common o-ring 3J-1907 seal for drain plugs 5P-0074 5J-8350 Shaft seals 3Y-6889 3Y-6890 Vane seals 3Y-6889 same as above 009-0128 3Y-6890 same as above
Here's what I could dig up. 5J-8350 is replaced by 311-9317. Everything is immediately available except 3Y-6890 & 009-0128 where it says "contact dealer for availability".
Thanks Nige! I got some info from the cat dealer here and I don't think he even bothered checking part numbers on the vane assembly for availability. There were some other part numbers beside a couple of the end cap seals though. What about the alignment marks on the splined shaft being 180 deg's apart? Have you seen that before?