hello!I am having issues with my tl 150.it wont go into hi speed right away as it has been.I`ve only owned the machine for 30 hours and was working fine.now it doesnt go into high unless I rev it up half or so,but this might be a coincedence. it does go into high but not immediately as it should. can you guys tell me if I am accidently abusing it and what to do to diagnose and fix it??I am clearing some smallish/ medium trees on a steep hill and taking them to a burn pile.while I am digging up the tree with the grapple I use low speed,but when I take the tree to the pile I use hi speed.I have done it this way and I am wondering if I am unintentionally abusing it by constantly going in and out of hi/lo.thanks guys!
hey, guys I know not everyone knows how to solve this issue but after 70 views, arent there any of you that can tell me if I am using the 2 speed system properly??
What year is this unit, and about how many hours? Does one side engage high speed before the other? Does the 2 speed work fine when there is no load? Try changing your charge filter, might have low charge pressure. The way your operating seems fine. Its suppose to be able to switch from high to low as needed on the fly.
hello Gary,and thanks for the help! the machine is a 2006 model with 1850 hours. the guy that sold it to me changed every filter on the machine suposably. the machine wasnt under load when it wasnt going into high speed.both sides always engaged at the same time,just with a little lag.twice with a little more throttle she went into high but I didnt test it extensively since it was time to go home.today she worked just fine.I put it in high as soon as I started it and off she went.I was using it the same as yesterday for a similar amount of time,but kept my trips to the burn pile low.in turn the machine stayed cooler and I was switching less from hi to low,but it never had the lag like yesterday. the oil/water light comes on and it stalls sometimes on steeper hills,but other than that I love it.