any one no of any scan tool covers cat machine at a good price
I have used Cat communication adapter that I would like to sell. Need to figure out a price if your interested. Dont have any ET software though
Going broke what is your adapter, I have Cat ET. How much are you wanting for your adapter? Obrain, I haven't seen any good programs, I have been looking for one for bobcat as well. It makes it tough to trouble shoot, when you are not able to read codes.
Most troubleshooting for Cat you can do on the monitor panels. It's not easy but can be done. The only software that I have seen work on Cat is their ET program. Without it the connectors will do no good at all. I have not seen any aftermarket diagostic software yet available for Cat, Komatsu, Hitachi, Volvo or Deere. I have seen that Cat changes the programing from time to time and between model years. From experience, to fully use the program you would need to have some kind of subscription service which I don't know is available. I do know that Cat has what is called an SIS program available through the internet but I don't know if it is available through subscription service to customers or third party repair companies.
what tools are needed really depends what Cat machines you have.. the only "scan tool" was the old Cat ECAP which was a truck engine tool, but actually worked great on some Cat machines... still needed a comm adapter though. too bad Cat's pocket-tech palm pilot app was truck only I sold an ECAP and comm adapter on ebay a few years ago, might look there
ok guy i check around an c what i come up with but if any ting come up please let me no
just realized this is in the Excavator forum. some Cat excavators connect to ET/laptop via RS232 cannon type military connector, and therefore do not use a comm adapter. Some do require the comm adapter and have a standard round deutsch connector with RS485. Some wheeled type Cat excavators have their own specific CAN link and dedicated diagnostic software (e.g. M300), or can also use a rare and expensive handheld scan tool. Other Cat excavators do not have any computers on board at all.