Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat sensors

johnnyboy ยท 2013-06-29 17:35

I have a few indicators on display of 320L 9KK and started to check things out by testing wires for voltage on coolant and oil pressure and got 24 volts on one wire and 11 on the other of the wires going to oil sender with key on engine off, is this normal, also 24v on one of the coolant sensor wires. Green light on computer. Also alternator symbol on display

Replies7
  1. #1Bob/Ont2013-06-30 08:13

    Try grounding the wires and see if lights go off. Later Bob

  2. #2johnnyboy2013-06-30 08:29

    Well I jumped the two temp sensor wires together and light did go out, but this did not work for oil pressure sensor. I was worried about shorting out computer by grounding wires with that much voltage. Is it normal for that high of voltage going through a sensor?

  3. #3Bob/Ont2013-06-30 08:43

    To be safe check continuity through sensor with engine running. You arern't testing the engine oil level indicator are you? They have a pin inside with a "donut" float on it. The donut is magnetic and weighted to always sit one way. As they age they turn upside down and read backwards. Later Bob

  4. #4johnnyboy2013-06-30 09:30

    No I'm pretty sure its the oil pressure sender. Anymore testing will have to wait though since the head I installed is leaking into coolant jacket same as previous issue. I'm not a fan of this 3066t engine.

  5. #5420602015-04-29 13:10

    I don't know if I have a IAP sensor out or if I need to hook up a gauge to the heui oil pump and see if the injectors are getting 870 psi to start The second fuel level voltage is high

  6. #6420602015-04-29 13:13

    On a cat engine Ckm65915

  7. #7Mobiltech2015-04-29 20:07

    Could you be " less" specific?