Is the SIS free version any good? I know most of the guys around here probably have the full version, but supposedly parts access is available free. Maybe I don't know my way around the system, but it seems generally useless. I can't find comprehensive parts diagrams such as the guys often post around here. There are some, but it is very hit or miss. I also get a lot of error messages and "we don't have anything for your machine" type alerts. Is the free version like most of the other free stuff out there, or am I doing something wrong?
Are you talking about the portal version set up by your local dealer? If so yeah it's hit or miss on diagrams but I find it useful to research availability and cost. Especially for a part that's not mission critical but you would like to replace it. Do you have the full order online and pick up at the store version? My dealer is offering 35% off all GET if you order online. Depending on the edge or tooth that's close to aftermarket pricing.
One thing about SIS is not as much for older machines, at least from what I see. A little of topic but one thing I regret is not scrounging all the old manuals I had access to over the years plus the probably 10 feet of shelf space of Service magazines I had collected over the years. Probably had 95% of the ones from late 1960's up to early 2000's! Would not be surprised if they ended up in the dumpster a few years after I retired!
I think it is the dealer portal version, but I am not familiar with the full version of SIS, so I don't have much to compare to. As to equipment age, my stuff is old, but I don't know if it's that old. The oldest are the C model excavators.
I'm not familiar with nor have the full on version of SIS that gives the R&R steps like Nige and the others post from. How much does the full version with all the bells and whistles cost? Never asked my PSR.
Empire Cat in CA advertises at at $713/year. Not sure if that is full or how many levels there are. I haven't asked my Cat dealer. https://www.empire-cat.com/online-t...LL ACCESS,full subscription for $713 annually .
Need to check my dealer to see if the cost is similar. $700 bucks a year is a no brainer.
You can get a laptop with full version sis and dealer et loaded for under 1500 bucks. Never expires. I've had mine 5 years.
Free SIS should get you the parts access that everyone else has. If it tells you there is no information, you may be looking at a grey market machine. What serial number are you using?
CJC02798 , a 315C
That's a good serial number. Are you not seeing something like this?
No, I don't see that at all. I talked to the Cat guy, and he said that the free sis is just an extension of the Cat parts website. He quoted me $1500/year for SIS, ET would be another $2500/year. Mobiltech must know somebody It might help if I bought some new machines, I am pretty sure I don't rate any kind of status at Fabick . . .
I have the free version that my dealer signed me up with. Like CM mentioned, I can order online and have shipped here or pick up at store. Navigating to find what you want takes some practice, and then once you learn that they come out with 2.0 and you have to adjust to that, but I find it very helpful. As far as the tech side goes, anything that I don't have access to is gladly supplied by a request to the service manager. I primarily deal with one of the smaller shops though, so that may help.
I get something similar to CMark on my version of SIS
Ah, I have it now. I looked carefully at your screenshot, and typed in the url that you are using: "sis2.cat.com", I was on "parts.cat.com". sis2.cat.com is quite useful, the parts.com thing is a joke. If you know a part number it will bring it up, but filtering by machine it is bringing up everything. The top line for engine cooling was showing a $60,000 radiator for a 994.
I get to SIS through Parts.Cat.Com which I get to from the dealers page. Couple of steps but it's faster to me since my browser remembers keystrokes. From your dealers parts page hit the SIS and log in.
Hi there, Unfortunately, now it's impossible to buy annual subscription in my region. We work in mining and have a lot of heavy equipment. SIS 2.0 has useful sections: TMI, HIS, Similar Parts, Software and so on. I think, l can find here someone who can share with me access to SIS 2.0 full version(not only parts and maintenance sections). Maybe, one of variants, buy one subscription for two or three users with registration in your region. For me only login and password. Maybe someone has subscription and can share with me by agreement. Thanks!
Sorry i cant help you. The people on this site, me especially, do not condone illegal or unethical behaviour. Im guessing that your Russian or Belarusian so i doubt that you will be getting access any time soon via the proper channels. My suggestion would be to purchase paper manuals and long time would be to transition to other (Chinese?) made machines.