My brother and I are going to be in the Stockton and Sacramento, Ca. area for a few days. What is there to see/do for a dirt guy?
Well there's a grass airport and a imca track I guess......or do you mean Stockton CA and not Stockton ks?
It is probably too muddy for anybody to be working in the dirt right now. Stockton is kind of a depressed industrial town but I did find this https://sanjoaquinhistory.org/explore/ Sacramento has the railroad museum if you are into that sort of thing. The first transcontinental runs through here and was all built through solid rock by hand. The actual work area is up in the high mountains buried in record snowpack however so all you will be able to do is read about it until late summer when it finally melts.
Cozad, Murray and Rackley trailers are made there in Stockton. Might see some cool setups.
Colona to the east off hyw 50--Where Marshal first struck gold at Sutter's Mill. Last time I was there though was 1970. So it's probably been mowed down and storage units put in it's place.
Went to Cozad. Nice folks and interesting. Went to Holt Cat as Benjamin Holt and CL Best started CAT in Stockton. Nice folks there too. Gave us both a couple of Holt CAT hats. Last day here tomorrow (Thursday). Might try to check that out at Colona. Sounds interesting. They are expecting another 3-5” of rain starting tomorrow and lasting until Saturday. Thanks guys. Just got back on the sight tonight
I suppose there will be rain and snow to see? I was watching a video of a guy with 4 or more feet of snow on his roof in Ca.