First time posting but figured I would share as I struggled to find any info on a repair. My machine, 236b3 had intermittent auxiliary functions. Took the switch apart and found magnet issues. The only solution I could find was a new joy stick which was very expensive. I dug around on Google and found a Cat 11v roller switch. Pictures looked pretty darn close so I gave it a shot. Its listed for dozers but guess what? Its the same switch for the skid steers and only a fraction of the cost of a whole joystick ($250). 3 days later I got the switch. The wires are the same color so just cut and splice. I soldered and heat shrinked. Very easy fix. Cat part number: 314-4214
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Well ot lpoks loke you finally cracked tge code onnthose switches!!!!!
From what I can see it appears that the only difference is that the skid-steer thumbwheel switch is designed to run on 8v stabilised voltage supplied by the ECM and the dozer switch is designed to run on 10v. This switch appears as though it will work on any later SSL/MTL/CTL machine that is equipped with a thumbwheel roller using a PWM output signal. That would include everything from the OP's B3 model thru the C & D model machines up to the present day. NOTE: It will NOT work for any earlier model of machine that uses a Hall Effect magnetic-type thumbwheel roller switch that supplies an output signal in the form of a varying voltage.
This is a bit old, any change you have an update? Did it fix your issue?
Someone else confirmed that it doesn’t work. Wrong ECM supply voltage - 8v vs 10v. There are plenty of generic mini thumb roller switches on the market that all require a 5v supply and they don’t work either.
Well crap. I just ordered one for my 2014 259D FTL01098 in hopes to not have to go with the $650 joystick handle! I guess I will call Monday and cancel the order as that little roller switch is $218! I am randomly getting 2204-4 and the aux hydro's quit for 10-30 seconds and then just come back online. I did take the joystick handle apart and spray the roller switch with electronics cleaner and compressed air, that did not help.
Well the is the same part per the tag on the purple wire, same part number. I can confirm that it functions same as the factory switch. Currently not sure if has solved my intermittent error code (2204-4) issue as I only had time to use the aux hydraulics for 15-20 minutes. I’ll report back after I get some hours on it. Unfortunately it doesn’t come with connector pins so I just cut and soldered then near the harness connector. As mentioned previously, the wires are the same colors so it’s an easy retrofit.