Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 75xt auxiliary hydraulics flow problems

dirtwrangler · 2025-09-08 15:04

Good afternoon all. I have a new to me Case 75xt with standard flow hydraulics and auxiliary circuit. I tried to hook my grapple up to it and it would open the jaws perfectly, but closing was very slow. One jaw would eventually completely close and the other side would only halfway close. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t a grapple problem…. So I attached a single 2-way cylinder with new hoses and couplers. Similar result… it would extend perfectly, but only very very slowly retract. I then reversed the aux couplers on the machine, and sure enough, the cylinder would now retract perfectly, but only extend extemely slowly. This machine has a separate auxiliary valve located on the drivers left side hand side down along the chain case. Moving the foot pedal seems to move the spool enough. But the pedal does feel “sticky” or restricted in the same direction as the poor cylinder function. Is this an issue with the aux spool not moving enough? Or is the spool getting stuck in a bypass setting? Worn spool? CNH only shows the auxiliary valve as one piece non-serviceable unit. It’s also over $3k. So I’m not very excited about a new replacement. The rest of the loader hydraulics work just fine. Thanks for your input.

Replies3
  1. #1bad Tom2025-09-08 20:41

    I would think the problem is the control cable. Make sure the petal can move down the same amount for the left and right side. Make adjustments on the cable to make sure the spool is moving all the way in and out.

  2. #2dirtwrangler2025-09-09 13:05

    That’s a good point. I considered that maybe the cable was the issue. I did look to make sure the spool was moving in both directions. But as I’m thinking about it…. Maybe if the cable is being pulled by the pedal in the direction that the cylinder works well, but the cable friction doesn’t allow it to be pushed well enough to fully move the spool. I’ll investigate that. Thanks bad Tom.

  3. #3dirtwrangler2025-09-15 13:38

    I checked on the control cable. Including lubricating it and the pedal. It was kind of stiff but it’s definitely moving enough to be able to move the spool. I’m more convinced that it’s an issue with the spool either in the aux valve. Or with the main loader control valve. It’s acting like the main valve is not diverting or returning flow properly to/from the aux valve.