anyone here have a cat skid steer? i am thinking about going with a cat for my next one because i'm gunna be doing alot of interior demo and i guess the bobcats aren't good for them because they suck the air in and clog the radiator or something? at least thats what my friend told me. let me know your thoughts on them i've always ran bobcats except for one case, but that was just a little 4 foot wide one for snow work. -mike
I've got a Cat 248, it's probably the wisest purchase I've ever made. I love the pilot controls, and the machine has been almost trouble free since 2000. The fan on the Cat is located under the radiator and blows out. It's hydraulically driven. If you have any specific questions, fire away.
I have a 2005 248B, a 246B before that and started with an older 226. I have not been able to fault these machines. Whilst Cat are not immune to problems that all manufacturer's suffer from time to time it is the service and support which has made a difference to us. The 248B has awesome hydraulic performance and more power than you ever really need. With a 4 in 1 bucket it really excells at loading trucks. Whilst I don't think Cat skids are a huge amount better than others I have found the machines solid, reliable and often do stuff which is well beyond the design specification.
I think Cat makes a great machine and may be my next one. Bobcat does make a fan blade with the blades bent the other way so it will blow backwards. Check with your bobcat dealer. I use one on one of my 975's Dwan