does anyone know if there is anyone who rents the crawling backhoe like the hs-40 by terex, i'm in the northern chicago area don't need it for long time or if someone knows anyone with one that needs some work
so your looking for a mini excavator . to run yourself i would got to nations rent ,united rentals they should be in your area or even try hertz.
i'm looking for something bigger then a mini excavator more like the spyder climbing backhoe terex makes one they call it the hs 41 i think, i have a very steap bank to work off of i'm digging 4' wide 4' deep and about 120' feet long in a old revine. the slope is very steep
Steve, first, welcome to the forums! Are you talkng about one like this?: If so, I'd be skeptical that anyone would rent one out, for the simple reason that it just looks like a machine that calls for a highly skilled operator, and can go places that could turn ugly very quickly. When you rent something out, you really have no control over who runs it or where they try to go with it. I'd imagine the liability alone would scare most rental outfits away from such a machine. (But, I've been known to be wrong.)
ok, i can agree with that, do you know anyone out there that has one in this area that i could hire. oh yea and yes that is the one.
I don't, but you never know who's reading these threads. Somebody might...