Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Skidsteer Not Getting Fuel

Brin ยท 2019-01-22 22:07

So, we have a 2001 Cat 262 skidsteer that we use here at the sawmill and it got run out of fuel today. It has happened twice before and both times I was able to bleed the air out of the lines and injectors without too much fuss so I know thhe fuel system relatively well. This time feels different though. I have been messing with it for hours trying to bleed everything and I can't even get fuel to come out of the bleed screw on the injector pump. The filter is full of fuel and the pickup line from the tank is clear. Does anyone out there have any experience/suggestions?

Replies2
  1. #1DIYDAVE2019-01-23 06:36

    How cold is it, there? If you haven't changed the FF, now would prolly be a good time to do it...

  2. #2Bls repair2019-01-24 12:45

    Fuel out of supply pump Fuel to filter Fuel out of filter Fuel to injection pump Check for small inline filters