Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s in a name?

Bigfooteq ยท 2019-01-22 15:15

I have owned/operated a sign business since 1999. But since Hurricane Michael, I have begun selling skidsteer attachments like grapples, buckets, pallet forks and stump buckets. I also weld up quick attach adapters and install third function hydraulics for older farm tractors which don't have them. I will also soon be selling farm attachments and utility trailers. But I need to come up with a name and am looking for feedback on my choices so far. My place is beside a creek swamp so I thought about either "Holmes Creek Equipment Sales" or "Bigfoot Equipment Sales". I would be willing to share any info I have about farming, AR15's, hunting and fishing, playing bluegrass instruments or building CNC equipment, but I'm new to this skidsteer stuff. Thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1KSSS2019-01-22 19:00

    I think in Florida Bigfoot is known as Skunk Ape. So how about "Skunk Ape Attachments." since there are so many products associated with the name big foot. Make one heck of a logo with a name like that. I can see a pic of Big foot with a skunk stripe, with massive arms holding an equally massive grapple bucket. Damn its been a long Winter already.

  2. #2petepilot2019-01-22 19:55

    lets hear a little more about 5 strings not much of that on here. not exactly heavy equip.but |||||| who knows and welcome to the site

  3. #3Welder Dave2019-01-22 20:48

    Make sure you do a name search before deciding on a name. Once you have a name register it so someone can't copy it. Call it Hurricane Attachments... stand up to anything!

  4. #4Bigfooteq2019-01-30 11:18

    We did the name search. Nearest "Bigfoot Equipment" we found was in California. A buddy of mine already has a "Skunk Ape" name for his enterprise. I wanted a name which is memorable and "fun" so "Bigfoot" it is. Yesterday I registered it with the feds and state, advertised the fictitious name, bought a domain name, and set up an email. "bigfoottracs.com" We will sell skid steer attachments, skid steer adapters, tractor attachments, utility trailers etc. and do custom welding. Later on, I plan to produce CNC plasma-cut parts. Thanks for the help!

  5. #5Bigfooteq2019-02-23 13:02

    Paid a cartoonist buddy of mine to make a bigfoot operating a skid steer. I think he did a fantastic job. First thing this is going on is some business cards. What do y'all think? (Note* I'm not advertising, it's a fake phone number and, though I have purchased the domain, no website is built yet.)

  6. #6Mother Deuce2019-02-23 13:21

    Funny you should mention AR15's, I am starting a custom build directly and I have more questions then answers. Since I don't want highjack this thread... I will go start one

  7. #7Bigfooteq2019-02-23 13:34

    I recently finished a .224 Valkyrie and am now working on a .450 Bushmaster. Will post pics in your thread.

  8. #8Mother Deuce2019-02-23 13:44

    Look in "for the shooters" last page post number 267. It didn't seem like starting a new thread was the thing to do so I just put it where we discuss that stuff. Thanks!