A guy I know has a couple of smaller cat rubber tire skid steers. I think from late 90'2 up to mid 2000 models. Can anyone give me some of the pros and cons of cat skid steers? Ive never owned one made by cat however, I do have have 2 case machines 450CT and 1845C and im convinced ill never buy another case machine.
I have seen in other post most cat owners suggest getting a " B " model or newer . What problems have you had with your case?
Well the 1845C has been put through the paces..chains always breaking or coming off and such but other than that its a pretty good machine. The 450 is constantly developing a new leak somewhere EVERY day, had to replace both front idlers...you name it and it has happend with this machine. We were going to fix the 1845 but a guy we were putting a road in the other day for said he had a couple a smaller cat machines for sale. I told him we would like to look at them, but I havent had time to go yet and was just curious of some of the problems cat machines may be having.