Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2009 Cat 297c HELP?

mullis56 ยท 2010-03-28 17:24

Just curious what a 2009 Cat 297c w/pressurized cab, heat, a/c, 2-speed, hydraulic quick coupler with 400 hours is worth? Tracks and undercarriage in great shape.

Replies8
  1. #1mullis562010-04-04 20:49

    I guess no one has input?

  2. #2KSSS2010-04-04 22:57

    You can research it on Iron Planet and at least give you an idea of what they have sold for.

  3. #3gatorguy2010-04-04 23:01

    Its hard to say what anything is worth these days. Its not worth anything if you dont have work for it. But I can tell you that I think it is a good machine. I have a TL150 and if I was in the market to buy another one of these machines the cat machine and a new TL 150 would be my only considerations and the cat machine simply because of creature comforts (pressurized cab with some noise protection) Just stay away from the suspended "ASV" track system in my opinion they give CTL's a bad name. Aside from that I dont think there is any other advice to give, in this economy you have to ask yourself how much is it worth to you? Sounds like an awesome machine though, OO the things I would do for a dust free peaceful cab, o well at least i have AC!

  4. #4KSSS2010-04-05 01:12

    The CAT MTL uses the same ASV track system. They do offer a CTL now, the 9 series, they should hold up better than the MTL for most people.

  5. #5Digdeep2010-04-08 19:46

    Or maybe, the CAT machines that are really just skid steers that are too heavy for the u/c, run their tracks too tight, and get serviced by heavy equipment mechanics who don't think anything of changing our dozens of wheels that are still perfectly useable have given the ASV undercarriage a bad name. :beatsme

  6. #6Dr. W2010-05-11 21:51

    I will step to the plate! I have been flying 38 years and have logged over 30,000 flight hours. I'm a Captain for a major airline! I own a small, but successfull land clearing company in Houston Texas. When they drove off the lot, they lost about 20% of 65,000. The machine is a good one and a extended warranty should be available! GET IT! CAT is simply the best! There is a debris that is know available that will help the forest applications! Offer 10,000 below 52,000. Remember, you will not get what you want, unless you ask for it! TW

  7. #7KSSS2010-05-12 00:21

    What is this CAT the best at or do you mean CAT in general is the best?

  8. #8Dr. W2010-05-12 17:35

    Case made a good backhoe I thought.. In about two years, it is my opinion, CAT will have the track machines nailed! It mighty close right now! TW