Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat TH38 Will not move

shawndelay ยท 2024-11-30 13:51

My cat th83 recently lost hydraulic fluid in the drive train and when I went to fill it back up and prime the system, there was nothing. No forward or backwards. Not even a jolt when I switch gears.

Replies7
  1. #1Simon C2024-12-06 16:11

    Repost your machine and change title to Cat TH83 no movement , and someone will probably help you. Post serial number also so people will know exact model. Simon C

  2. #2shawndelay2025-02-23 18:58

    thank you, will do

  3. #3Simon C2025-02-23 19:05

    Just wanted to say you could try with a blow gun and rag ball over the hydraulic tank filler, putting about 2 psi into the tank. At the same time crack a line on the discharge of the the charge pump while the person in the cockpit pulls on the lever for boom up. Have seen a few times the charge pump was air locked and hence no control valve operation. Worth trying at no cost. Simon C

  4. #4shawndelay2025-02-23 19:07

    all the hydraulics work except the transmission

  5. #5Simon C2025-02-23 19:12

    Okay no problem. I misread but there is still a transmission charge pump that may need to be bled or the transmission will not engage. Cannot say where the pump is, could be on side of engine, not certain. Pressurize the transmission filler pipe instead of the hydraulic tank filler neck. I did change all the oils on one of these about 9 years ago, and its starting to come back. Simon C

  6. #6Simon C2025-02-23 19:20

    Believe the transmission filler is right behind the drivers door from what I remember. Simon C

  7. #7shawndelay2025-02-23 19:50

    Okay I will try that and get back to you