Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat TL 1255 Telehandler Purchase

Metalman 55 ยท 2018-03-16 17:16

We bought this Cat TL1255 Telehandler at the Ricthie auction about 10 days ago & just moved it back to our yard a few days ago. I was surprised to see that it is made in the same place as the JLG's are manufactured, Mconnellsburg Pa. They must somehow be partnered together? The Cat looks very similar to the JLG G10-552A that we have.

Replies3
  1. #1crane operator2018-03-16 23:25

    They are the same machine. Sometimes different engines, or different labels on the engines, but jlg makes the forklift for cat. Looks like a great machine, I've always liked the jlg ones and the "cat" branded jlg's. The earlier european built cat's -not so much. I ran one of the jlg "cat" forklifts last summer a little bit on a jobsite, and didn't like it because the forks were insanely fast on tilt. Then the guy that usually ran it, showed me the dial on the dash for adjusting the speed of the hydraulics. Then I was much happier. I hadn't seen that feature before. And I hadn't (don't tell anyone) read the operator's manual fully before operating that machine. I don't think the earlier ones have that, or maybe its just a option. Anyways, congrats, hope it works well for you guys, I've been pleased with all the jlg/ cat's I've ever run. They seem to be a smooth powerful, easy to run machine. It's easy to telescope out and keep your forks level with the same spot on the ground with that model, and not all telehandler's do that well.

  2. #2Metalman 552018-03-17 14:15

    You are right Crane Operator, here is a picture of the tag saying it was made by JLG for Cat. Also, a couple more pics of it cleaned up, annual safety done & ready to go to work.

  3. #3Metalman 552018-03-19 12:44

    Back with another question.......as stated earlier, we have a JLG G1055A unit as well as this Cat TL1255 that we just purchased at the auction. Wondering if the quick attach mechanism on the front of the machines are common like they are with skidsteers, of if each makes their own? The JLG is away working on a job, so wont be able to check that for some time. Am thinking about buying some additional attachments & if it fits both machines it will be a sweeter situation!