Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat TL1255C elctrical

willyswayout · 2023-08-20 11:38

trying to figure out the proximity sensor, resistor, and backup alarm install. proximity sensor came from Cat with 5 wires bare and a empty 4 prong plug. backup alarm came with a fixed 2 prong plug. resistor came with 2 prong plugs on each end ( 1 male, 1 female ) The machine chasis harness has 1- 4 prong male plug and 2 wires where it has been terminated ( someone cut off what ever was there leaving 2 wires ) My question is what am I lacking to complete the installation, and what goes where?

Replies6
  1. #1Junkyard2023-08-20 14:38

    JLG makes that machine, all their schematics and manuals can be found online. Also, when asking for info it’s helpful to provide a serial number. I have a 1255 manual but the file is too large to attach.

  2. #2Nige2023-08-20 18:15

    The original link quit but if you scroll down to post #15 in the linked thread there is one that still works. From this web site you can download a service manual which includes electrical schematics. Cat/JLG telehandler support website I had a fellow wrench bender turn me on to a website that provides information on Cat/JLG telehandlers. Parts manuals, service manuals, bulletins, etc, a lot of good stuff at this site for Cat/JLG machines for those who own or work on them. When the page opens you have to select the region... HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3willyswayout2023-08-21 10:44

    Yes, thanks for the heads up but I do have the schematics, The chassis harness has limited detail at the point of connection for the proximity sensor, resistor and alarm connections/assembly. I was hoping someone could take or have photos of the connections so I can see how this detail is. Thanks anyway

  4. #4Nige2023-08-21 10:59

    There are some Cat schematics available. A Serial Number would help to identify if they might be of any use to you or not. See attached.

  5. #5willyswayout2023-08-21 12:14

    DHW00234

  6. #6Nige2023-08-21 14:00

    OK, found something. I'll send it to you. Keep an eye on your messages.