Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat track loaders with backhoe

hiluxman ยท 2011-10-28 22:15

has anyone here seen a cat track loader with a backhoe other then a 931/D3 size one like a 941 943 955 977 etc i remember seeing a larger one with a backhoe but it may not have been a cat whould be a good machine in some cases

Replies8
  1. #1PhilDirt2011-10-30 17:33

    I have a photo of a 955L with a backhoe on it somewhere. IIRC, the machine was military and in Australia.

  2. #2Lindsey972011-10-31 02:44

    there are a couple of 931's equipped with backhoe attachments on www.machinerytrader.com

  3. #3blademan1502011-10-31 07:22

    A company in Chicago had a 955 with a Drott 4in1 on the front and a hoe on the back in the 70's and 80's. Hoe could be dropped off pretty quick, was OK for what it was but not a high production machine.

  4. #4oldseabee2011-10-31 08:33

    I was in the Navy Seabee's and back in the 80's and 90's we had a Cat 977 with a backhoe attachment, and a 4 in 1 bucket.

  5. #5hiluxman2011-10-31 09:25

    Can any find a pic of one for a custom diecast model

  6. #6cat cruiser2011-11-01 15:28

    Our 951c is set up with a jcb 3c back actor. it has extendahoe and 3cx quick hitch. only a machine for around the farm, would not do any contract jobs with it.. much more stable than rubber tyred digger.. but slow to climb hills as over 14ton and only 95 hp. fuel tank moved to the side and swing round seat, so easy to set up and position. i will try to post some photos.

  7. #7OldandWorn2011-11-01 19:29

    I don't know if this photo is good enough to help. I think the machine may be a 955 and the pic was taken in the 60's.

  8. #8PhilDirt2011-11-01 23:22

    I've been looking and can't find the photo. I got it from OzDozer who posts at antiquecaterpillar.org , perhaps you could ask there.