I have a 1979 955L 13x1963 and need to know how to lubericate the track rollers. I see what I think is a plug in the end of the rollers should I take this and put oil in there. It calls for SAE 30 in the rollers I just can't find where to put it.:Banghead Thanks
Every roller has an oil plug but you shouldn't have to add oil to your roller. They should be lifetime lubricated. The only time oil is added is when the roller is being manufactured or rebuilt. If it is low on oil you need to disassemble it and replace the seals before the bearings go out. Good luck, QuickTrax
Thanks, I'm not sure it is a roller It just started squeeking yesterday and that was my first guess. If the roller was leaking I should be able to see some oil somewhere right?
You should be able to see oil on the outside of the roller flange.
I have one slightly weeping roller on my 955. Can I just keep adding oil as necessary?
You can keep adding oil but the leak will probably keep getting worse. As long as you don't let it run out of oil you should be fine for a while. I have also told people in the past to pump a leaking roller or idler full of grease.
When I was helping my Dad during the summer my job was the grease monkey, all of the rollers, idlers had button type grease fittings, and the grease gun was almost as tall as me but that was about 60 years ago (time sure flies)
I have a question about rollers, will 941 rollers fit on a 931b, they look the same but iam not sure if they will fit, Thanks.
They will not fit. The 941 has D4D rollers on it and the 931B has D3C roller on it.
Thanks for letting me know, it was a good deal for someone else with a 941, Thanks, Quick trax, i will need more again.
hello QuickTrax, I have installed the right side bucket tiltcylinder seal kit, thanks for the help, the gaskets worked great, i got the arm out and put it on the back bumber of an old truck and put a pin through an put a clamp on it, and supported the nut end with some timbers. I tryed to remove the nut with my air cat, but that would not do the trick, so i used a half inch breaker. The old gaskets were burnt, and roten, i dont think they had ever been changed out. i had a 4' pipe wrench on that collar nut, is there a special wrench that pro's use, i could not find a wrench that big and the lift collar nut is larger. i will have to wait untill after the new year to start the rollers, and track, but i have a lot of to fix, Thanks again QuickTrax.
the form is been a great place to do researeh on loaders and other stuff that is fun. i have been learing a lot from the different threads that i have been reading. I finished up my seals on the tilt cylinders, and iam working on some other stuff, including a new dash board. and after reading so much i realize that i need to ck out a lot of other things, to get it done right. have fun.
Adding grease to the roller is just the band aid method,they should be resealed as long as the % worn justifies doing so
Is the large front roller non-greaseable like the idlers on a 955 ?
The rollers and idlers are oil lubricated,not grease lubricated
The rollers and idlers are oil lubricated,what is the model of your machine/ s/n
There should be a rubber stopper and plug on the end of the shaft,or a set screw-older style
Both front rollers have about a 5 inch bolt going through the top center between to larger bolts. When I remove the 5 inch bolt there is no oil or lube of any kind I can find. Should this be filled up with 90w, 30W or am I off base?
Talked to CAT and found my answers. The front roller is lubricated the same way as the smaller ones, with oil as mentioned above. Since my track has reached it's maximum ajustment there are only two ways to fix it, replace the track or remove a link.
Just replying so I can get my 3 replies in so I can ask a question. Good luck with your cat.
I had a guy tell me used ATF in the rollers before. Seems kind of light?
It would probably be better to replace it. It won't hurt you to do it a few times, but eventually you will cost yourself more money that way. Plus extra risk of it breaking down or causing other problems.
I had a squeaking roller ... I just pumped it full of grease and it has been good for a couple years now