Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat V40DSA Lost Forward need PDF

Mattwww · 2023-12-19 14:27

Having trouble finding a parts manual for my V40DSA Lost forward yesterday, still shifts to reverse just fine making me think its a solenoid. Anyone happen to have a PDF or at least a diagram of the solenoid pack? Edit: Looks like I have the same problem as this guy HeavyEquipmentForums

Replies9
  1. #1TD242023-12-19 15:29

    As stated in the referenced quote: Just swap the feed wires and see if FWD starts and REV fails. Be your answer right there, the solenoids.

  2. #2Mattwww2023-12-21 20:05

    Not the solenoids, smells like I burned it up tonight. Wont go in forward or reverse now. Thanks for the reply anyway.

  3. #3Nige2023-12-21 21:31

    Search the interweb for Caterpillar Publication reference SEBN2613. This one.? Below are the prices from Cat. Maybe you can score one cheaper.

  4. #4Mattwww2023-12-22 02:09

    No not that one, its a 40DSA 4BC1 and up. I found one for 495.00 online, but that is way out of my price range. CATERPILLAR V40DSA FORKLIFT Parts Catalog Manual – DIY Repair Manuals Factory Original CATERPILLAR V40DSA FORKLIFT Parts Catalog Manual by DIY Repair Manuals diyrepairmanuals.com Really looking for like a PDF or something I don't mind paying for the download as long as its reasonable.

  5. #5Nige2023-12-22 09:25

    OK, for a machine with a 4BC Serial Number prefix you want Parts Manual SEBN2615. Here is a copy - https://autoepcservice.com/product/cat-forklift-v40d-sa-spare-parts-manual/ EDIT: I can't vouch for the link but at $10 to find out it might be worth a punt.

  6. #6Mattwww2023-12-22 14:30

    Yeah I saw that website, it looks extremely sketchy. The English on the site is terrible, I will give it a shot with paypal and report back. https://autoepcservice.com/payment-and-delivery/ 3. Enter full your information and click on ” PLACE ORDER ” and waiting for the email. ​

  7. #7Nige2023-12-22 14:56

    Apart from that the only other option I can suggest is to contact your local Cat dealer, explain that SEBN2615-06 is a Cat forklift Parts Manual, and ask if they can get hold of one for you. At least with the Publication reference it makes searching easier.

  8. #8Mattwww2023-12-22 18:55

    For those of you wondering that website is actually 100% legit. I got all 3 manuals for 10 bucks. Edit: Thanks Nige I would have passed it up and not given it a second look without you. Edit#2: Cat doesn't actually support their lift trucks, they defer you to a 3rd party. Unless its just my year range.

  9. #9Nige2023-12-22 21:17

    It’s strange that some lift truck Parts Manuals are available on the Cat Publications site (which is where I found the SEBN2613 that I illustrated above) but others aren’t. Weird. I’m glad that you got sorted though. A success story is always good.