Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat VC60D engine question

Mike L · 2021-05-05 17:43

Working on said machine. Powered by a Peugeot XN1P propane engine. I’m giving her an overhaul and wondering about the liner seals. The new liner seals come with 3 seals for each liner and they are pretty much just metal shims, one has 1 little tab, one has 2 little tab, and one has 3 so I’m sure they are different thicknesses. The liners I removed have just one tab. Do I just replace what I remove? My failure was a liner seal that allowed the base to fill with coolant. I haven’t found anything on line that tells me how to measure liner height. I have zero experience with these engines. Can anyone help?

Replies8
  1. #1Seans problems2022-02-23 10:01

    Did anyone get back to you on this? I have a V50 D that I need to rebuild and cant find a manual or instructions on those liner seals/ anything really.

  2. #2Mike L2022-02-23 18:42

    I measured the old shims and used the new one that was just a red one thicker than the one I removed. Here is a link to the torque specs. Make sure you retorque the head bolts. http://www.motorpower.net/specs/xn1p.html

  3. #3tractormech2022-02-23 21:35

    I'm trying to do a head gasket on one as well. Where did you get your parts from? I found a head gasket and that's it. No valve cover, intake, exhaust, water pump or anything else. Can you help me out? Thanks!

  4. #4Seans problems2022-02-24 15:36

    I found mine at leavitt machinery in tukwila washinton. Address : 17300 W Valley Hwy, Tukwila, WA 98188 Phone : (425) 251-0600

  5. #5Mike L2022-02-24 19:08

    I got my parts from industrial truck in Massachusetts. They sourced them from somewhere else. Due to age parts aren’t readily available

  6. #6tractormech2022-03-07 10:00

    Thanks so much. I appreciate it!

  7. #7tractormech2022-03-07 10:01

    Thanks Mike. I appreciate it.

  8. #8Seans problems2022-03-21 13:42

    Good luck, I'm waiting on my head bolts to show up and then I'm going to try and sell this thing.