Hello, I'm new to this site and hoped someone could give me advice on why the secondary boom on a Genie Z45/25J won't come down. It will go up but will not come down using either the ground controls or the controls in the basket. This boom has 2 hydraulic cylinders that raise/lower it with two connecting hoses between the two cylinders. When I toggle the switch I can see the one hydraulic hose leading to the cylinder "stiffen" for a brief moment but nothing else happens. All other cylinders work fine. Since both of the hydraulic cylinders to the secondary boom have counterbalance valves, I'm guessing that that is where the problem is. Has anyone else had this issue? An additional concern is that the basket is 20' in the air and I worry that if I remove one of the counterbalance valves it'll come crashing down. I would certainly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you, Bill
Hello, I have same problem with my Genie Z 45/25. Did you ever find out what was the problem? Thank you, Karel
Doesn't seem this site gets feedback on Genie Boomlifts! Sad!
You need to check your hydraulic pressures on the extension and retraction of the boom. Retraction takes more pressure usually. Adjust your relief valves for each to spec. Idk Genie but that's where I would start.
Also check any proximity type hall safety lockouts are working properly.
Tell me you figured it out!! I'm having the exact same problem! Thank you for your time! Joe