Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat VC60D forklift- looking for parts or operation manuals

LCA078 ยท 2024-11-12 15:40

Just acquired a military surplus Cat VC60D forklift. It's in pretty good shape and was maintained by the Air Force which is why I decided to give it a chance. I thought I would find a military technical manual for parts or operations but have not been successful. And I'm not successful in finding the serial number 3FC830 in SIS. Anyone have a digital parts manual or even a paper one they'd like to part with? And yes, I know ebay has random manuals but trying here first from trusted folks.

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2024-11-12 16:45

    It might have come from the military but I don't think that 3FC-prefix classes it as a "military machine". It looks commercial from what I can see. The commerical Parts Manual is Cat Publication reference SEBN2613. Here's a LINK to one at less than half new price. But before you do that check your email inbox........ I can't find a Publication reference for a service manual yet.

  2. #2LCA0782024-11-12 19:10

    Thank you, Nige! I agree the VC60D wasn't a typical military model and I'm assuming this one was a one-off purchase by a local unit. But it does appear in really good shape for it's age so I'm happy with it. What bothers me is that I can't find it SIS. Maybe I'm using the wrong serial number? Do I need to add a zero like 3CF0830 or 3CF00830? I checked my email but haven't seen anything. Same with D7F parts manual...I'm not seeing it in any of my inboxes, spam, junk, etc. I'll IM you with my email so you can double check it. Cheers!

  3. #3Nige2024-11-13 02:55

    There is no forklift information in SIS. As far as I remember there never was. Ask your local dealer where the forklift info is held these days is my best suggestion.

  4. #4LCA0782024-11-13 06:02

    I didn't realize Cat forklifts were not in SIS---that may have made me think twice about picking up this old girl. I'm very surprised since SIS is very thorough but the parts manual is really all I need as the lift truck is in really good shape. Thanks again.

  5. #5Nige2024-11-13 06:15

    The Service Manual for a VC60D is Cat Publication reference SENB8307. Here's a link to one on eBay - you can see that the title sticker on the label is maroon in colour compared to the usual dark blue that is used for Cat machines. That gives a clue that the source of information is different for the forklift line, which IIRC was initially a collaboration with Mitsubishi.

  6. #6LCA0782024-11-13 07:01

    Ahhh- that makes sense as the engine is a Mitsubishi 4-cylinder diesel. I assume it's a common industrial engine for Mitsubishi and parts, if needed, should be available. But there I go again assuming.... In the meantime, she purrs like a happy kitten and with the sporadic use I'll get out of her, I hope I'll never worry about parts.