Looking for the year of manufacture for my V40B forklift.. 55W348 is printed on the chassis. I'd really appreciate any help with this.
Interested to know why you want the year of manufacture. Are you looking for technical/parts information.? If so the Serial Number is all you need. Year of manufacture approximately 1977-78 best I can tell. However according to the information I have the 55W-prefix machine is actually a V41 model. If it was a V40B the prefix would be 54W. Do you have a photo of the Serial Number plate or a stamped S/N on the chassis.?
The first picture is on the front of forklift Second is on the mast The third one is on the engine
Thanks for getting back to me It's for ordering parts
Well according to all the information I have your forklift is a V41 model despite any decals to the contrary that it may be wearing now.
Thank you so much for all your help
I've been looking around for a Parts Manual but no luck so far. UPDATE: This looks like it. According to the cover it is for 55W Serial Numbers from 335-Up, which includes yours at 55W348. $39 for a pdf download. Download Cat Lift Trucks V41B, V51B, V60B Parts HEBN2527 This PDF Parts Book provides detailed information on parts and accessories for Caterpillar Lift Trucks V41B, V51B, and V60B Models. www.epcatalogs.com Production of both V40B and V41 models started in the same year - 1977. That's why I said your Serial Number is either a 1977 or 1978 build.
That’s a blast from the past. I remember those.
A caveat here. I have no connection to, or experience of dealing with, the sellers on that web site that I linked above. I just found them while searching for a Parts Manual. Buyer beware. TBH I would message them first and ask them how many total pages the Parts Manual they are selling contains. My guess would be somewhere well north of 300.