Hello everyone,im from Romania and i want to buy some machinery . but, i have a problem with the choice the brand of machinery ! i have to choice bettwen Cat and Volovo Cat 323 and Volovo Ec250El Cat 950M and Volvo L110H,L120H All machinery is new ! Please if you can tell me if you have had these machines before and which would be better ! And if you can give me information for dozzer CAT D5 new ! Thanks !!!
Which dealer will stock parts, has factory trained mechanics, and knows their products? I'd rather have a mediocre machine with a good dealer than a great machine with mediocre dealer.
My first question, do you have to adhere to clean air standards in your area? Second question is, have you operated or have your operators ran either of them?
i have 2 backhoe from cat right now. All machinery presented by me have DPF and ADblue .
ok,thanks for answer
I would ask for a demonstration. Put your operators in the seat. Get their feedback. If you get something they don't like, they're less inclined to take care of it. If they feel like part of the decision, it will give them a sense of ownership and they would naturally want to take care of it. Maybe they'll even grease it once in a while. For me, the choice is clear, between the two. I go Volvo. I like the smooth operation, I like the premium feel to everything. I'm not bashing Cat, I just prefer Volvo to them.
We have a mostly Volvo loaders. They have all been good. Stay away from the G series. Both our G series have had the burners removed and deleted. We have an L110H that feeds the asphalt plant, never any issues. An L180H that takes away from the crusher. It had an issue this winter while plowing, but the DEF we were using had been contaminated. We buy in bulk, and they were refiling containers. They just bought a new L90H this fall, no issues yet. We have had horrible luck with Cat loaders since the F series, but our 980M has been great. The 180 Volvo actually took the place of one of the cats in the quarry. They bought a poor mans cat, a 950GB I think. It had a lot of issues the first summer, but the bugs seem to be gone. Both Cat and Volvo give great service. At one time Volvo used to offer 15% better fuel consumption over Cat in writing. Not sure if they still do or not. Not sure about the new D5, but we have a D4, and it has given us almost 5000 hours of trouble free operation. Never had a Volvo excavator, and have not had a Cat in a few years. We have a 308, and it's been great mechanic wise. We kind of moved away from Cat and went to Linkbelt, but it was a choice made because availability at the time.
Thanks !!!
Thanks !!