Hey all. My company develops oils for a wide range of automotive and equipment OEMs. We are one of the brands behind the brand in many cases. We developed a straight hydraulic oil (32/46/68) that can go a LONG time. We are now looking to field validate the service life in a very high usage mobile equipment application. I'm not looking to sell you this oil, we want an application where we can get 10,000 hours of service in 2 years or less. We would need samples sent in to us and preferably a second machine with similar use pattern using any competitive product for comparison. We provide technical support and contract/insurance to cover oil related maintenance issues. Please reach out for more details of you would be interested in participating in a field study like this. Thanks!
So who has a machine that runs about 14 hours each day 24/7 ? Mining ? A Hitachi ex 3600 has a hydraulic capacity of 1057 gallons... Joe... Is the company willing to supply that sort of quantity?
sent you a message with suggestion.
Who picks up cost of oil related failures?
We do. If you'd like more info please reach out.
Yes we want that type of usage 12-24 hrs/day 7 days. And yes quantity is not an issue for the right application.
Hi Joe; Are you still with Certified Labs ? Do you remember this post from 6 years ago ? I am only mentioning it because some readers of this thread may not know you are no stranger here. "I have been using prema lube extreme in all my excavators Dozer etc. For 3 years now. It has basically reversed the aging process on wear parts. I have been in the excavation business for 20 years, tried dozens of other greases in the past. This is the best grease on the market. If you buy enough quantity per order (like 1200 tubes) you can get it for like $6.50 per tube. Unless someone comes out with something better I will never switch. Their rep spent like 1.5-2 hours demonstrating it to me, I was skeptical as I always am to a salesman, she gave me a trial case. Never went back. Like 6000 tubes later I am writing this post. Thanks certified labs"
Thanks just to be clear that's your quote, right? I am no longer with Certified although they are a good lubricant company. I now work for a company that supplies a lot of OEM labeled products. I'll be happy to share the company in a pm I just dont want to put it out public because this is still an R&D project and not commercially available.
That message was posted by another member, and has not logged in since then. I copy and pasted it.
All due respect, I sort of feel like you're accusing me of something. No worries if that's not your intention. Happy to give as much info as you'd like.
I'm curious why you aren't going directly to the mines or other types of operations that are running machines 24/7. To put on 10,000hr's. a year wouldn't leave them a lot time to be looking on internet forums for a longer life oil.
When I was a corporate maintenance type, I got many offers of "wonderful" products, guaranteed to XX or YY my equipment. They were ignored unless there was a relevant internal connection. IMHO .. Perhaps Joe-lube is seeking such a connection.
No accusations, Joe. I don't do that, ever. I only posted that quote because it was a positive response about the product you were dealing with then. Did you notice the first thing I typed was a question about your affiliation with Certified Labs ?
I think it would depend a lot on how you were contacted, did a salesman make an appointment, offer free samples, give a background of their experience, send profession literature to be reviewed, etc. I think any good maintainence personnel would be less likely to dismiss someone who had all their ducks in a row with relative info on what they offering. All specialty companies had to start somewhere.
I'm a little disappointed at the reception and pessimism I'm seeing in this post. Joe was pretty clear with what he's offering and even stated there is insurance coverage for any damage that might be attributed to their testing. It sounds like a great opportunity for someone with the right circumstances to participate in helping to improve the industry. If you need to ask some clarifying questions by all means proceed but if you're skeptical and planning to antagonize I would prefer you move along. We're all under a lot of stress from a year's worth of Covid restrictions and I know it's had a negative effect on my patience. Regardless, I want the forums to remain a friendly and welcoming place, we have a pretty good record of weeding out fraudulent posters and scam artists. I'm not sensing anything to be concerned about here. Thanks and carry on.
We are doing that as well.
Yes it's been a tough go with Covid, much harder to make connections without trade shows and conferences. I work for a major oil company (over $50 billion/US$ year), but most here would not readily recognize the name because it's not a US based company.
Thanks I appreciate it. Like it's been pointed out not easy to find what we are looking for. I have had two folks pm me a lead so that alone was worth the trouble. Thanks
No problem. Thanks for the support.
did you contact that company I sent you?
If you really want to test that oil you need to put it in a southern log skidder or feller buncher.
Disagree. The best test will be in the north where equipment operates from -40F to over 100F.
It would be interesting to make that hot cold comparison in scientific method. My statement was sarcasm, referring to clogged up oil coolers , hydraulic components buried in a oil ,dirt,pinestraw leaf mulch, low hydraulic oil level, and general lack of maintenance. Then the machine gets run until it just won't work anymore, then call it a piece of crap. However I have seen the hydraulics run so hot the oil was scorched on several occasions, smells like engine oil in an engine that has been overheated enough seize .
Contact a towboat company as the steering runs 24 hrs a day. Preferably a line haul vessel. Contact Ingram Barge Line Paducah, Kentucky
I remember a kids show my nephews watched, and there was a tugboat named Paducah.
I swear to god they throw a handful of dirt in anytime they add hydraulic oil just for fun. I think our loggers give our landfill customers a run for their money on being hard on the machines
Thanks! Do you know if they are required to use an EAL product?
I just don't get how people can be so stupid. If i'm adding hydraulic oil I am wiping off the cover first, making sure the pail is spotless, etc and super careful to try and avoid even a spec of dirt getting in. It takes maybe an extra 30 seconds.
I just smile and fix the machinery they are good for business when they are operating. It’s truly feast or famine for them they are either going 100mph or not at all and when they are running hard they just want it back up damn the cost.