Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT VS VOLVO wheeled excavators

Andres ยท 2021-05-19 10:13

Hello guys. I am now in the process of looking at a wheeled excavator and was wondering if you have any experience with them. I have been running both brand and like them both although have been leaning more towards cat. Volvo seams to be more high tech and futuristic. What would you pick and why?

Replies4
  1. #1Per Eriksson2021-05-19 14:08

    You want to buy a brand new or used machine?

  2. #2Andres2021-05-19 18:16

    I am looking at both

  3. #3John C.2021-05-20 11:22

    I don't recall ever seeing a Volvo wheeled machine here in the states. I have seen a few Cat 318 models. They were purchased by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources for maintaining the sides of state forestry roads. I don't know of any private company owning one here. I guess the machines were built in Germany and parts were a huge issue. Those machines seemed to always be having problems. Keep in the mind that was about seven years ago.

  4. #4funwithfuel2021-05-20 13:16

    EW 180 or 210. Very good machines. No experience with Cat. Not good as a material handler, not without some belly protection. Nothing is any more advanced than others, everyone is relying on computer controlled pwm valves to optimize fuel efficiency. I wouldn't be afraid of either.