Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat wheel loader shorted all solenoid

mante · 2018-03-15 20:55

My first post before decide to change the ECM for the wheel loader 950g with 3126B I have all short injectors even after change by new one solenoid and shows Not ok short, It was working and suddenly stop Here what i did .... First I checked with Cat ET I found in Logged Diagnostic Code 1-11 Cylinder #1 Injector : Other Failure Mode 2-11 Cylinder #2 Injector : Other Failure Mode 3-11 Cylinder #3 Injector : Other Failure Mode 4-11 Cylinder #4 Injector : Other Failure Mode 5-11 Cylinder #5 Injector : Other Failure Mode 6-11 Cylinder #6 Injector : Other Failure Mode Then I used Injector Solenoid Test I found All of them short Second test was disconnect the injector connectors by using open or short test due to Injector Solenoid Test And found Open once connecting the solenoid shows Short I changed new solenoid shows Short while the 2,3,4,5,6 was disconnected from solenoids connectors I used wire jumper test found short and I removed the wire jumper and found open I dismantled the Connector for the injector harness from ECM side and start Injector Solenoid Test I found Pin for supply injector 3 at all time when Injector Solenoid Test running by fluke shows 5Vdc but the other Pins Was indicate volt at the time duration for the injector number What does it mean all time shows 3vdc when Injector Solenoid Test but the others at the timing number test turn? Do I have to change the ECM or not ? Is there any relation between the short and injector plunger ? Is there any one help me or he faced same problem ….. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1heymccall2018-03-15 23:24

    ECM bad (injector driver circuit inside). New ECM needs programmed with data from failed one.

  2. #2mante2018-03-15 23:32

    Thanks for reply, From Pin 3 injector supply I suspected that could be the Injector driver circuit is bad..... Is there any test need before do that or change ECM....Like ground test or any tests to make sure that is the problem?

  3. #3heymccall2018-03-15 23:59

    Do you have access to try a "test" ECM? Only surefire way to verify, based on your previous testing.

  4. #4mante2018-03-16 00:22

    2×70 pin ECM and I'm not sure the flish file support Test mode ECM

  5. #5mante2018-03-16 09:03

    If I start to search for the short at the power supply circuit to others if grounded Is there any steps to be more simple for ground test Thanks All for help

  6. #6Austin29432018-03-16 16:16

    Engine ECM. Have seen it multiple times. Injector driver fails in the ECM and you get a code typically for all 6 injectors

  7. #7mante2018-03-16 21:46

    Ok But I have issue with the + battrey I disconnectd the jumper between +B &- N &- N ,I left the +B connected to the battrey ,with volt test lamp connected at the same battrey but to nigative of that and the positive of volt test lamp connected to the ground The volt test lamp was illuminates as green And by fluke shows + 12V dc it's could be the root cause analysis for this problem and how can help me to avoid same like this problem in future ? I need some guesses from you guys like starter solenoid motor or somthing else .... Thanks all

  8. #8mante2018-03-20 19:06

    Hi, I was waiting some advice from you guys.... Anyhow I found 1 zener diode shorted and the big capacitor too shorted... I fix them and the problem of injector solenoid 3 got back with all 5 injectors with NO:3 solenoid so is that enough sign about Driver chip is bad. and ECM is bad

  9. #9mante2018-03-27 17:18

    Hi, I replaced the ECM by used one and started good when the operator start working he felt the fuel pedal no response with engin and RPM we found three solenoid not strong enough to pull the plungers.... after replaced the all six solenoid by the original pieces it was fine the response fuel via RPM. the operator stop the wheel loader for lunch for 30 minutes he back to start the engine it won't restart again. the second ECM gone I found in Cat Monitor System code 248-2 Invalid Cat Data Link data any advice please .... I'm giving up

  10. #10mante2018-03-28 20:23

    Where are the mentors ?