Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat window air conditioner

willie59 ยท 2010-04-02 20:35

Had a building fire near me not long ago. A demo crew showed up to remove the remains of the structure. I've heard it said that demo crews can be "resourceful" when finding ways to achieve a task. LoL. I've seen this done on 4100 Mantiwoc cranes, but don't recall seeing a 320 Cat with a rear window air conditioning unit before. Didn't take the liberty of crawling around on the machine to determine how they're getting their AC electricity.

Replies6
  1. #1CM19952010-04-02 20:46

    Now that's some A/C!:thumbsup You could hang meat in there on the high setting.

  2. #2ddigger2010-04-02 21:04

    Nice! A good inverter would be my guess. and yes we are.

  3. #3SouthOnBeach2010-04-02 21:27

    I think I would like that cab a/c on certain days!

  4. #4John C.2010-04-03 12:19

    I've installed a couple of Red Dot units like that. They are just like a roof mount. Just pull the window and make a steel plate with the cutout to hold the evaporator. Bolt the plate to the back of the cab and hook up your lines and power to run the fans. It's a whole lot cheaper than the factory setup.

  5. #5roddyo2010-04-03 15:51

    We got a Red Dot coming in for a Tractor. Around $2500.00 for everything but Freon and labor.

  6. #6willie592010-04-03 18:17

    Good idea John C, hadn't thought of that one. So a rooftop unit doesn't mind being hung vertical? Cool, might have to try that sometime.