Ok! HELP! I have been dealing with a fuel issue, new pump clean filters, will only turn over will not start, seems like no fuel getting to pump, supposedly there is a fuel solenoid somewhere in the Cab, maybe a relay not working? need help! I was thinking of grafting an electric fuel pump into the fuel system to bypass the cat electric fuel pump, any suggestions?
Can you start with a machine Serial Number please. Without that it makes trying to find information much more difficult.
the serial number is EAT01032. we put a new fuel pump on, still will not start, I think maybe a relay or fuel pump solenoid issue? Hawthorne Cat here in hawaii sent out a novice mech of one year, he ground the battery down cranking it...i am charging it up and waiting for a better tech.....thanks for your reply!
At least I can help you with an electrical schematic that will show the locations of all the components. Check your message inbox. Also some information on the fuel system. EDIT: The stop solenoid is on the fuel injection pump. See attachment.
lol I work for Hawthorne Cat as well. I can take a crack at it. Now you said you put a new fuel pump on it. Was it timed properly? Do you have cat et? I would like to see if both speed sensors are reading and if injection is disabled. If you wanna whatsapp I can probably help you better and in real time. These E models are pretty easy and simple. Fuel is drawn from the tank by a mechanical transfer pump on the back of the fuel pump. I’ve seen tons of the fuel relief valves fail on the rail. It should be on the left side of the rail. Remove the hose from the relief valve and crank it. See if it is squirting. There should be no fuel coming out at all while cranking. Let me know, I’ll clear the Hawthorne name lol