Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT246C Drive Motor Hose Replacement

mmcdonald · 2025-08-07 11:49

I’ve got a 2008 CAT 246c with a leaky fitting at the drive motor on the supply hose from the hydrostatic pump to the right drive motor. I think there’s an oring in that fitting that might need replacing but my general question is, if I pull that hose will I lose all my hydraulic fluid or is there a check valve somewhere at the pump that will stop everything flooding out? This is the lowest hose in the machine and I’m hoping not to make a 15 gallon mess. Thanks for any help

Replies2
  1. #1Deimos2025-08-07 12:05

    It would be safer to drain the hydraulic oil from the tank.

  2. #2Nige2025-08-07 12:27

    Quote a machine Serial Number and I'll upload a parts list for those hoses and all the fittings. There are 3 types of installation depending on S/N and each one is slightly different.