Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat247b how to operate auxilary hydraulics

Brenda l Stedman · 2022-05-04 19:10

I can figure out how to lock auxilary hydraulics on my brush cutter. Also my brush cutter only wants to run in reverse. After running for about 10 minutes my water temp goes off saying overheating. Please help

Replies4
  1. #1Brenda l Stedman2022-05-06 11:48

    I can't figure this out

  2. #2Welder Dave2022-05-06 15:19

    Do you have the owners/operators manual? If the aux. hyd's only lock in one position you need to switch the hoses to have your brush cutter run in the right direction. Make sure your rad is full and clear of any grass, brush or other obstructions.

  3. #3Brenda l Stedman2022-05-07 12:22

    Rad is full only heats when runn8ng mower in reverse. Which still cuts due to I have double sided blades.. but the overheating is an issue. I'll try to switch hoses and see if that stops the overheating part

  4. #4Nige2022-05-07 12:29

    That’s only part of the story. The cooling capacity of machines like yours is borderline at best and it needs both the radiator and the hydraulic oil cooler to be perfectly clean externally to avoid overheating. Often disassembly of the cooling pack and a complete thorough pressure/steam cleaning is required to achieve optimal performance when using the auxiliary hydraulics.