Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT255

Coondog407 · 2024-11-04 05:21

I’m close to buying a CAT 255 any words from the wise? Purpose of the equipment will be forestry mgmt, clearing, road maintenance and snow removal. Im a neophyte to heavy equipment. Willing to get down and dirty. Applications are non-commercial on my property.

Replies4
  1. #1Chrisso2024-11-05 07:30

    They haven't been around long enough down here to give any opinion, but they do look/feel great to operate. Only suggestion from me is to have the dealer make sure the latest software is in it. If you're buying it new then no need to worry. If you have any "smart" work tools they will need to be set up with the appropriate software also to suit the 255.

  2. #2CM19952024-11-05 08:32

    Had the opportunity to demo a 265 at the dealer and got to run a friends 265 fully loaded last week for about 2 hours. First report I really like the new CTL's. For the record we have 2 - 279D's. After we demo'd a 265 we ordered one but bought a new 305 instead. Looking at upgrading one of the 279D's to a 265 next year.

  3. #3Coondog4072024-11-05 08:44

    I'm headed over to the dealer today. I'll advise my findings. Initially my eyes were on the 265. My sales rep suggested I take a good look at the 255, it makes sense for me and my situation. I'll pay close attention to the software. Stay Tuned!

  4. #4dl12342026-01-08 18:12

    Whats the verdict on the 255 as I am looking to buy a used 2024 with 124 hrs on it with high flow. Any issues with yours?