Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT287B engine compartment

Borys K · 2022-08-04 13:49

HI All , I am newbie to the forum and same newbie to CAT287B (2006) that I have bought in very much used and dirty condition. There is a square "compartment" under the engine that is around 6 inches deep and full of dirt and I am struggling to understand how it can be washed/cleaned ? . I am attaching picture in here with the white arrow pointing to the area . I see only flat metal from the bottom of machine and don’t see any "service openings" . Appreciate if someone can help with such question. Thank you.

Replies6
  1. #1pumkinhead2022-08-04 13:58

    tilting the cab might make it easier to get to

  2. #2Borys K2022-08-04 15:34

    its on the engine side of the machine, so from cabin side its even harder to reach this "compartment"

  3. #3heymccall2022-08-04 17:22

    CYC & MDH 287B machines has 3 covers removable.

  4. #4heymccall2022-08-04 17:24

    ZSA shows 2 panel covers.

  5. #5Borys K2022-08-04 18:07

    Thx Heymccall, so, mine is ZSA (sorry , forgot to mention it) . And yes I have 4-14-16 cover and the "compartment" I am talking about is a bit deeper ( if to look from the engine side. I am attaching your print with my draw ( in blue) ... then , of course , mine machine is missing 6-10-18 cover but plenty of dirt up to the cabin floor

  6. #6Borys K2022-08-04 19:40

    here , I was able to clean a bit with my hand (hate it) and made couple pics of that compartment. So, far can not believe that it might not have a designed cover and access to it.