I recently purchased this excavator from a cat dealer and I'm just having a few teething issues. The blade will happily move up and down but sometimes lacks the power to lift the machine up. If I move it up and down a few times it will work but it seems to be getting worse. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Cheers
Any pressure tests ? Blade greased and free?
Rotary manifold (center joint)leaking internally.Espescially if it has some real hours on the meter,in the thousands.
Thanks for replying. Yeah it is greased and free. It's got 3500hrs on it. Is the rotary manifold the same as the spoil up o ring?
No .its where the hoses for the tracks and blade go into the top and come of the bottom so the house can turn on tha tracks with out twisting the hoses
Is that a big $$$$$ job?
If you are mechanically inclined you could rebuild it yourself. If not you would need to get a rebuilt one . Price I don’t know but a rebuilding kit is a lot cheaper then a rebuilt one.
Cheers mate. I jumped in the the machine today and it was fine. I'll give it a good couple of hours work on the wknd and see how it holds up. My guess is it's on the way out and works well until it warms right up. I'll give it a crack. Getting the b*****d out seems like the hard bit. I'm guessing testing it with some pressure gauges would also be a good idea. Thanks again for your help.
Yes it would