Hello everyone. Does anyone have a experience with a hammer? Look to find out which valve to hook the hydraulic lines to. Serial Number Is GPA00469 Thanks
According to what I can see that machine was built with auxiliary lines on the boom and stick plus the foot control in the cab for a hammer, so your question has me kind of puzzled. The auxiliary control valve for the hammer should be located on the outside of the LH main control valve.
I had a tech from caterpillar say the hammer lines are suppose to go to a attachment valve which is the second or third over from the right. But the axillary valve sounds like that is where the pressure line for the hammer should go.
Again, I'm confused. Some would say that is a normal state where I'm concerned ........... Are you saying that the auxiliary hydraulic lines on the boom and the stick for attaching a hammer (1 each side terminating in a valve with a handle on it) are not there..? - because the machine left the factory in 2006 with them installed. If they are there then they should be connected to an additional auxiliary (hammer) control valve mounted on the LH side of the left main valve bank. That valve is controlled by the foot pedal in the cab. Does the machine have that foot pedal installed..? - again it left the factory with it. So if all the above is true then a hammer installation should be no more than a installing a couple of pins & connecting 2 hydraulic lines, top up the hydraulic oil if necessary and away you go.
Some pics would help
Pictures The auxiliary lines are there, they do to a shut off valve on the stick. As you might see in the picture, the aux. lines do not go to the aux. valve on the left side of the valve bank. They go into the four one over from the right hand side. Does it just what kind of foot pedal a electric switch style or a pilot control two way foot valve, is what I would call it where you can rock the foot pedal either way.
What kind of pedal u have ?
I'll have to look at what is supposed to be there and compare it to what you actually have. From what I can see those two hard lines from the base of the boom to the control valve are not OEM, the connections appear to be wrong for that. I think I can see the auxiliary valve almost hidden behind hoses on the RH side of your second photo. Is there anything major as regards hoses/hard lines connected to that valve..? Do you have the foot pedal in the cab and can you post a photo of it..?
From what i see the hammer lines are plugged and the changed in double action aux lines
Hard for me to see detail on a smart phone, but you might be correct.
The Aux Valve is plugged off. Then I should also mention there is a solenoid behind the cab that will activate when you jump a wiring connecter located under the cab. That solenoid is in a valve block that has pilot lines that go to the Aux. valve. It does seem they have been change to a double action lines for a thumb or swivel bucket. What I'm trying to find out if, the hammer pressure line should go into that aux valve and should have a electric foot switch installed. One the first photo of the last post the steel line next to the cab went to the rubber hose with the steel protector, also next to the cab on the boom.
I'm not at home right now, but when I get back I'll post diagrams showing how the hydraulic lines were installed when the machine left the factory configured for a hammer. I'll also take a look at how the pedal worked but as far as I remember it was electrical to a solenoid valve which I assume is the one you are referring to installed behind the cab that operates the pilot control for the (currently un-used) auxiliary valve. If you send me your email address on a PM I can forward you all the parts drawings showing the original configuration of the machine "as built".
Well it appears from the photo as though the cab foot pedal has also been changed. This is what was on the machine when it was built ........