Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat345b not tracking strong

Jeremy Whittaker ยท 2023-02-12 22:35

Was looking for some advice on the tracking of my excavator. I recently took it up to my property. It will track of if push both tracks in the same direction typically or on flat ground. But it's not strong enough to just run one track and turn. I also can't push them in opposite directions to rotate 360 when on a hill. This was working when I had it on flat ground albeit wasn't very strong. I also had issues tracking when it was cold and I didn't give it time to warm up. Recently I was trying to track uphill with both pedals all the way down. It didn't have enough power to move. Is this common in an older excavator? Or is there something I can check to see what is going on? I can still get it to move by trying to rock it with one pedal up and one down and switching back and forth. It will eventually track but if say I hit a Boulder sticking out of the ground it's enough to stop it. I was thinking about putting down the boom to lift some weight off of it. But I didn't think about it while I was up there. Any thoughts or advice?

Replies0

No replies yet.