This is the CAT345cl, the big arm is not bigger than the forearm? Anyone here could explain this?
For someone that is suposedly a manufacturer of heavy equipment, and excavators specifically, your knowledge of the product is excedingly narrow. Everyone knows thats a deep pour concrete peir tensioner. They uses them to make sure that the concrete peirs for highrise buildings are properly tensioned. You wait till the concrete starts to set, and burry that paddle in the pour, rotate it, and that tensions up the concrete giving it the strength it needs to suport a highrise. Thats one of the larger machines I've seen with one mounted on, but it takes alot to tension up that much concrete. Expensive... because of the quadruple reduction final drive that uses magnetic opposition bearings those units are super expensive, thats the rotation ring that you see at the top of what would be the stick. You can expect to pay a million us for an almost worn out deep pour tensioner unit, not sure what a new one runs but I'm guessing somewhere to the tune 10.5 to 11.2 million. Not exactly sure on what a demo company is doing with one, they must also do some site work for when the new building goes up. Hope this helped in your endevours longking...
Yes it's an important piece of equipment, as the deep pour concrete peir tension is directly dependant on the lateral cohesion of the semi-coloidal sub structures surface tensions coefficient of restitution of the aggregated ferroderite.
Looks like a sheer to me.
More commonly spelled "shear"
Stump you almost had it,this model only has the triple final reduction gears and they did away with the magnetic opposition bearings in 2008.I beleive this model also has the post de-tensioner option which would drive the price up to around 12.3 million even more if it's mounted on a Cat.I imagine you could get one just as good and at half the price if it was mounted on oh I don't know a Lonking excavator!just :my2c
I like mine better. Now that it is working correctly. Seeing these machines are apparently worth up to as much as $12.3 million if anyone wants to give me even $1 million for this machine even though it is far from being worn out I will sell it to you and you can use it for either deep pour concrete pier tensioner, for cutting scrap metal or what ever else your heart desires. I personally use it for cutting scrap metal since there are no highrise buildings being built where I live at this time. Perhaps if a highrise is ever built in the future I can get into that business as well. LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=concrete+peir&button=&title=Special:Search ... :tong Just tensioning your chain a bit, Stumpy... lol However... that is not a deep pour concrete pier tensioner. It's actually a JB WELD kneader.... The C alifornia R esearch of A pplied P hysics board has recently made a rulling that ALL piers SHALL be made of JB WELD. As we all know, JB WELD is an epoxy putty , and epoxy putties need kneading. Hummm, I didn't know that... It is good to know that all piers can now be used in microwave ovens, though. Absolutely correct, coorecat... replaced with electrodynamic bearings . Far, far superior to the old style... :cool2 Say... you know, that "thing" might be an alligator shear? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator_shear OCR ... lol Disclaimer: There shall be NO shearing of alligators in California.
OCR, your knowledge of this stuff is mind boggling.
However, the eddy current transmogrifiers are still prone to fail prematurely even with this upgrade. I think Cat has it worked out on the 2013 models though..
stump, is that the model with the turbo encabulator directly fed into the karrabus bypass shaft?
That reminds me of an episode of Family Guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPL8KwKQmw
Q, after reading up on the tensioner unit, back in 08' when they went away from magnitically opposed to the new electrodynamic ones that also replaced the karrabus bypass shaft with a fiber optic, polyhexogonal, rotating barrium capacitor. This allowed it to untension the prevuiously tensioned piers, provided you had the oxygen accetelene microwave sonar detector to align it. All in all, longking, I think you all could make some money with these if you added the ability to do it underwater.
It sure beats the old system with the muffler bearings, those were a pita to replace. http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=48
Those damn muffler bearings are a pain. Just replaced the two in the pickup last week and had another set go out in the Bobcat today!:Banghead
Sorry, you're on your own with that one.
Sorry is that spelled correctly
Zing!
You should feel fortunate that you can even get a muffler bearing. I have had a machine down now for five weeks because they are on back ordered here at the local dealer. The flux compensated magnetic overload relay went out which caused all kinds of problem and took out the muffler bearing, not to mention the dicktorefractometer. Which is used to make the machine look bigger than it actually is for sales purposes.
Where's the "like" button when you need it?
Looks like a shear to me.
That's crazy talk if it was a shear wouldn't it be shearing something?I'm glad this thread was started now I see all the trouble everybody else is having with muffler bearings,thought I was the only one.Mine keep going out on my lefthand Skyhook. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Start making righthanded turns only with your lefthanded Skyhook, it will spin the muffler bearings the other way. You will get another 6 months use out of them. HA
390 you're a lifesaver, I never would have thought of that I just hope it doesn't interfere with the rotator cuff splitter or the continueum transfunctioner on the cpu hooked up to the flywheel sensor.I'll let you know how it works out,thanks!
I've learned alot from this thread. The collective knowledge of HEF just blows me away sometimes.
Yep, Threads like this make me proud to be a member!
Longkingroup you should install this on your excavators for Extra power. www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4
a shot of the old glass hammer normally solves thet problem so long as the rubber nails dont crack!
Lonking. It's a shear. It cuts stuff. Everyone else I really wanna believe that these tensioning devices exist. I truly do and I can't laugh any more than I am right now
Why let the truth get in the way of a good story .........????
Good point.
The real reason is the way force of the gold plated tungsten bearings in that rotation joint affect the machines stability.
You don't want to be around one of those muffler bearings when they go out. I have an uncle that lost a hand to a faulty muffler bearing
if you cleaned the pipes a little more often the muffler bearings might last longer....
Very nice.