Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator simulation game-bagger simulator 2011(Germany)

lonkinggroup ยท 2012-07-18 03:45

I just found a game in a forum, I want to share with you. Style: Simulator Developer: Astragon Language: Germany Size: 413 Mb System requirements: System: Windows XP(sp2), Vista, 7 Processor: Intel Pentium 4 at 1.5 GHz / AMD Athlon XP 1500+ Memory: 1 Gb Video: 256 Mb

Replies8
  1. #1robin yates uk2012-07-18 06:07

    Oh dear, another game which will teach kids,wannabees how to do it. How many cars in real life have been smashed by gamers who think the game is the same as the real thing?How many fatalities? These games are ok (I suppose) if it just for amusement but as a teaching environment my score is nil.

  2. #2TEC2012-07-18 08:46

    Are you saying that by playing a video you don't get the experience? It also sounds like you telling me that I don't have the physical prowess and cat like reflexes of a SAS or Navy Seal or that I could not have single handedly been the deciding factor in major battles past or present. I beg to differ with your entire post and now I have to rest as all this typing has me worn out. Tom

  3. #3plantman.uk2012-07-19 07:11

    I've never seen a boss who in looking for operators ask for video gamers as one of his requirements

  4. #4DoosanFan2012-07-19 12:40

    I saw an ad the other day, someone looking for harvester and forwarder operators, and whilst it wasn't a must that applicants play video games, it was recommended... I think it may have something to do with being familiar with a simulated environment more than anything else, as training on these machines does involve simulator time. Just a guess.

  5. #5xcmark2012-07-19 19:17

    Not to a consern , these kids will never figure out how to operate a Ames strong arm power shovel . more and more kids come into the work force and cant put the chain back on a bicycle never mind common sence......... .02c

  6. #6robin yates uk2012-07-19 21:44

    my original reply to this post I was referring to games not simulatiion vids. The sort of games I was talking about were the car racer, gunfight type not training aids

  7. #7axelfue2012-07-20 03:38

    They have a quarry-simulation, too. 100 % realistic and a great fun...not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jpRQMXV008

  8. #8DoosanFan2012-07-20 13:34

    We are talking about exactly the same thing. The point I was trying to make is that when it does come time for simulator training, you haven't got someone on your hands who has no idea how to use a computer, never mind relate to a simulated environment.