Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT955k track loader

way ridges ยท 2015-06-01 22:05

have track problems. even when when i pump grease to expand track, after approx 45 min of use track gets very slack again. could it be a problem with my adjuster or seals? i would like to know what can be done to correct my problem & also need to know the procedures/steps on how to correct in order to work at optimum level.

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2015-06-02 03:54

    Most likely you have failed/failing seals in the track tensioner mechanism. Although it's not exactly the same model I would strongly recommend that you read both of the threads below. I know that one or both of these guys did track tensioners on their loaders and I'm sure that it will answer all your questions regarding the "what went wrong" and how to fix it. HeavyEquipmentForums What's in there is pretty much a "how to" for the Cat range of tracked loaders of that generation.