I have a Cat 12e grader parts machine. I was asked if I would sell the controls out of it. The gears and stuff below the hand lever controls. The machine was purchase in “parts machine condition”. It was an ex county machine and I think it was parked for parts and also because the county upgraded to hydraulic graders. The tires and wheels and one side rear axle tandem was missing when we hauled it home. The person requesting the controls are on the other side of the country. What would be a fair price for the control “inner parts”? Or should I remove the whole box assembly? I guess it would be too heavy to ship in that manner. I would have labor involved in removing so that had to be factored in to cost. Also, I can’t guarante the condition of parts as it’s used. I have an old Allis Chalmers grader and me and my father always had issue with the inner gears. We would take gears to machine shops to have worn gears built up and machined to better tolerances. Wouldn’t that be the technique the purchaser of my controls use? I don’t know what you’d go by as a reference? Maybe a gear they is less used then the up and down gears for blade? I assume caterpillar must not be asking the control parts for a 12E grader anymore? If they do, I wonder how expensive they would be? Finally, I thought I’d buy another 12e and use this one for parts. But, in reality, I guess an old knuckle buster is not the best way to go looking forward unless I was a young man in a third world country with unlimited time to do grading on a budget needing non electronic machines. I don’t need a grader but every once in a while when blading a small road i have built needing precision. I am in the mountains where drainage is easy and graders don’t seem to pull mountain cabin subdivision curvy pioneered roads. Thanks!
No replies yet.