Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 216 Cat 216 Questions

ammocat ยท 2013-03-31 10:26

Greetings to all from Cloudy Afghanistan. I am currently deployed and while here I decided to purchase a skid loader. I have found one that seems to fit the bill. It's a Cat 216 and runs and looks great. I was wondering If I could ask you guys a few questions regarding this Cat model. Do they have any known issue? any recalls? any advice you can share with a newbee? Please feel free to share your knowledge with me even if it's bad. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1ammocat2013-03-31 10:28

    Sorry...I plan on buying the Cat from the states..NOT Afghanistan!!

  2. #2nzpatch2013-04-05 04:53

    I've had a cat 216 for 9 and a bit years, done 3850hrs now with little problems. The biggest thing was a drive motor, but the reman part was not that dear. Most other things all good just alternater and the odd hose. Good luck with you cat.

  3. #3ammocat2013-04-05 05:01

    Sounds good, Do most Bobcat attachment work with it? Is the self leveling feature standard or optional? Thank you for your reply

  4. #4ammocat2013-04-05 05:16

    Picture of what the US is donating to the ANA(Afghanistan National Army) NICE.

  5. #5nzpatch2013-04-08 07:44

    Self level is a option, I don't have it. I think most things fit, may need to change the hyd fittings tho. P.s if the us is giving 246c's out I'll have one, thanks.

  6. #6ammocat2013-04-08 07:49

    Pretty much, darn thing has 36 hours!! And the battery was dead!! Go figure.