Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 216 Parts on Line

ammocat ยท 2013-04-24 09:45

Were can I find affordable parts on line for my tractor? I am currently looking for the following parts: 142-9314--142-8962--142-8963 Please let me know if you have any leads. Thank you

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2013-04-24 19:57

    142-9313 Glass $36.55 142-8962 Seal Kit $118.56 142-8963 Seal Kit $153.58 Define affordable? Googling those numbers brings me right back to here. I can find no discount source.

  2. #2ammocat2013-04-24 22:54

    I see that most prices are generally the same. I wanted to know if there was a website were the users of this forum purchased their parts but I see that most prices are the same.

  3. #3UrParts2013-04-25 05:26

    Try www.urparts.com

  4. #4ammocat2013-04-25 07:37

    Thanks, I will.

  5. #5durallymax2013-04-25 09:46

    For specific parts there are not a lot of aftermarket sources when it comes to SSL's. I haven't found Cat to really be that far out of line compared to what I expected out of them. Many of the other OEM's we deal with think everything is worth gold. I like our Volvo loader, but man I swear they have a leprechaun hiding gold in every part I get from them.

  6. #6ammocat2013-04-25 10:14

    LOL That was funny.

  7. #7Nige2013-04-25 12:23

    You hear constant complaints from equipment owners/operators about OEM parts prices from all manufacturers but IMHO it's often a case of you get what you pay for when comparing OEM to "aftermarket will fit". Like any rule of course there will be exceptions .......... 142-9314 Glass $33.53 142-8962 Seal Kit $111.85 142-8963 Seal Kit $144.89 I need to point out that as a major user we get slightly better prices than most.

  8. #8durallymax2013-04-25 16:02

    There are plenty of people who just like to complain. There are plenty who simply don't understand what goes into the pricing as well. The amount of middlemen drives a lot of the prices up as does the demand for the part. However some prices are just ridiculous sometimes. $7,200 for just the engine coolant radiator on our Volvo L60E engine. This is a radiator to cool a 140hp engine. That price does not include anything else. I can only assume they want you to have it repaired at a radiator shop or figure that if you damaged it beyond repair you will probably have an insurance claim out for the $5,000 around the radiator.