Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skidsteer shock absorbers

Walker1 ยท 2013-04-24 10:00

I need to replace the shock absorbers on my steering arms on my Case 1845B. These shocks seem to be a fairly common shock across brands (found it on Ford NH, Case,and one other so far) are made OE by Monroe (MAECO)and are the D66538 model. I can get tehm from case but 2 are going to run $150 or so. Is there any cross to another aftermarket shock that works in these?

Replies3
  1. #1Mar-Gun2014-02-12 22:25

    I tried to find replacement shocks myself today mostly because I didn't want to wait for an order from case. But couldn't get any at NAPA, Car Quest or O-riley. One Parts guy was determined to find something that would work, Spent an hour, kinda rare these days, but couldn't. Another called a direct line to Monroe which confirmed that the D66538 was indeed a Monroe Part Number and it is only available threw the OEM user ( Case). Colman has them for $51 each and I have a couple headed this way.

  2. #2kshansen2014-02-13 08:46

    Not sure if this would help down in AZ but when looking for a "no longer available" shock for a suspension seat in a Cat truck we found a shock off a snowmobile that was very close fit. Guess I need to hold on to the spare set I believe we have sitting on the shelf for our 1845C at the quarry!

  3. #3Walker12014-02-16 21:52

    I ended buying the one they had at the dealer. The second one was fine.